Python – A high-level web programming language
Python is a high-level web programming language which was invented in the late 1980s and first implemented successfully by Guido van Rossum in the Netherlands, as a successor to the ABC language. Its main distinction to other programming languages lies in its underlying concepts:
- Code readability
- Explicit statements
- Complex is better than complicated
Thanks to its efficient syntax, Python software development allows programmers to express the same concepts with fewer lines of code, compared to other programming languages. It supports multiple programming paradigms, automatic memory management, and is suitable for the creation of both small and large software projects. It was designed to have a small core language and one simple way of doing things instead of offering many different alternative ways, which confuses programmers, but at the same time allows for great extendibility to build complex programs.
Over the years, Python app development has proven to be perfectly adaptable to many different purposes and has gained popularity among developers. In a short space of time, it became a smashing success in the Web world. In 2008, for example, it won the Readers Choice Award by Linux Journal for Favourite Scripting Language, and in doing so gained quite a lot of recognition as one of the best among all the different languages out there, each of which have their own characteristics and advantages. Good examples of the efficient use of Python to produce world-class products in different subgenres are:
- 3D animation software: Blender, Cinema 4D, Light Wave
- Visual effects compositors: Nuke
- 3D imaging programs: GIMP, Inkscape, Paint Shop Pro
- Social bookmarking websites: Reddit
- Installed as a standard component of operating systems/distributions: Ubuntu (Ubiquity installer), Red Hat Linux, Fedora (Anaconda installer),
ships with FreeBSD and OS X
- It is also the principal user programming language of the Raspberry Pi mini computer
The following is a list of well-known companies which have successfully used Python in the development of their IT solutions:
- Blizzard (World of Warcraft games)
- Yahoo (Maps and Groups)
- Zope Corporation
IDS has a number of successful Python outsourcing projects for some major players in the IT sector to its name, in which it used the Python programming language.
IDS’s Python always find the most adequate and efficient technologies for your endeavour or project, with regard to servers, operating systems, different types of databases (noSQL/CouchDB databases being a good example), and programming languages. Whatever it is that your company is looking for, we have the knowledge and the tools in place to get your solution just right.
We deliver professionally engineered projects and clean code that just works. Our many successful collaborations with big names in the sectors of e-government, CMS creation, e-commerce, media and entertainment, and much more, prove it. Get in touch with us now and our Python and Django developers will help you work out the most cost-efficient, quick, and future-proof way to develop your custom-built software solution.
Thinking of outsourcing your Python project?
- Python SaaS Development: SaaS development is becoming more and more popular with businesses all over the world. Its benefits are costs reduction, increased productivity and no necessity for major IT investments. With Python SaaS development, significant importance is given to the choice of an experienced partner who will implement the entire Python web development cycle.
- Python PaaS Development: Many businesses rely on PaaS providers for key services, such as application hosting, version management, testing or development. Such platforms itself require a quality approach to the development and maintenance, and our Python developers can provide that at a high level.
- Mobile Application Development: Any business nowadays requires a quality mobile app that works flawlessly. Real app success happens when an app puts new functionality or service in users’ hands in a way they’ve never seen before. Our Python mobile application development services will cover the most demanding app functionality.
- Python Web Application Development: There is virtually no modern software product that wouldn’t have some kind of web front-end to give access to its functionality. Redwerk knows the web in and out, from front-end technologies down to little aspects of web server software behavior.
- Python Website Development: We create dynamic, fast and modern websites using our deep and professional Python website development expertise. We’ve created many beautiful examples of how elegantly Python can be used for making websites that really stand out.
- Server-Side Software Development: Operation system agents and background processes is where stability and survivability under high-load is key. We know how to create and throughfully test them before they go live and it hits the fan.